The ALUCA Turks Scholarship, now in its 14th year, offers life insurance professionals a unique educational opportunity to attend one of three major international life insurance conferences of their choice, while contributing to the ongoing debate on cutting-edge issues affecting the future of risk insurance in Australia.
Stay tuned for details on the 2020 ALUCA Turks Scholarship!
- Eastern Claims Conference
- Life Insurance Conference
- Supplemental Health, DI & LTC Conference
In addition to the major prize, the winner is invited to sit on the judging panel alongside senior industry leaders for next year’s scholarship and receives automatic membership to ALUCA and TurksLegal’s scholarship alumni program, Life Insurance Future Thinking (LIFT). The 1st runner-up will receive a AU$1,000 Visa pre-paid gift card and the 2nd runner-up will receive a AU$250 restaurant voucher.
- Understanding and insight of the chosen topic
- Conclusions supported by sound evidence and research
- Clarity of thought
- Commercial insight
- Brett Clark, Chief Executive Officer, TAL
- Gavin Pearce, Chief Operating Officer, Life & Investments, Zurich
- David Campbell, Chief Operating Officer, MetLife
- Malcolm Weir, General Manager, Life Customer Services, CommInsure
- Jeremy Houghton, Head of Strategy and Corporate Affairs, AIA
- Linda Winterbottom, Claims Rehabilitation Consultant, RGA Reinsurance
- Evgeney Schkola, Case Manager Income Protection Claims, CommInsure (2018 Scholarship winner)
- Devi Uka, Deputy Chair, ALUCA
- Alph Edwards, Partner, TurksLegal
- John Myatt, Partner, TurksLegal
- Darryl Pereira, Partner, TurksLegal
Download 2019 winners’ papers